Alexandru is a trainee-lawyer at Geradin Partners, working on regulatory and competition issues. Before joining Geradin Partners, Alexandru has built expertise in the regulation of emerging technologies in Europe, in particular Artificial Intelligence, working as AI Policy Coordinator for Microsoft’s European Government Affairs Team and leading the work done by the Ada Lovelace Institute in Europe as their European Public Policy Lead.
Alexandru also has experience working on competition and EU law issues, having spent time as an intern in the Competition and Markets Authority, the European Commission and the cabinet of AG Sharpston at the European Court of Justice.
- MPhil in Law, University of Oxford, St Antony’s College (Graduate Fund Scholarship) (2021)
- BPTC, City Law School (Major Scholarship – Inner Temple; Law School Scholarship – City Law School) (2019)
- LL.M. College of Europe (CEE Scholarship) (2018)
- LL.B. (Hons.) Coventry University (2016)
England and Wales (2019)
English, French, Romanian, Spanish
Publications and speaking engagements
- Alexandru Circiumaru, Futureproofing EU Law – The Case of Algorithm Discrimination (July 30, 2021). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3953627 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3953627
- Alexandru Circiumaru, The EU’s Digital Sovereignty – The role of Artificial Intelligence and Competition Policy (April 8, 2021). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3831815 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3831815
- Alexandru Circiumaru and Matthieu Burnay, ‘The A.I. Global Order – What Place for the European Union?’, in Contestation and Polarization in Global Governance: European Responses (ed. By M. Egan, K. Raube, J. Wouters and J. Chaisse), E. Elgar, 2021.
Let's get in touch
If you’re ready to do great things, pop your details into the contact form, and we’ll be back in touch to find out more.Contact Us