Dimitrios is a Senior Associate at Geradin Partners. Dimitrios practices on complex antitrust cases, particularly on issues related to online advertising, digital platforms and the interface between intellectual property and competition law. His work with Professor Geradin on ad tech and app stores has been cited by the U.K. and Australian competition authorities and the U.S. House Judiciary Committee Subcommittee on Antitrust.
Prior to joining Geradin Partners, Dimitrios worked in Greece as a trainee lawyer in the in-house legal team of leading betting company OPAP S.A.
- News Corp in filing a complaint with the French Autorité de la concurrence over Google’s anticompetitive practices in ad tech. The Autorité imposed on Google a fine of € 220 million and made binding commitments offered by Google.
- O2 in relation to the EC’s investigation over network-sharing agreements in the Czech Republic.
- DMG Media with respect to a range of competition law and regulatory matters linked to online platforms.
- European Publishers Council (EPC) in the UK CMA’s investigation into Google’s Privacy Sandbox browser changes.
- Coalition for App Fairness (CAF) as outside antitrust counsel.
- Huawei in a variety of competition law matters.
- Several app developers in filing a complaint with the UK Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) over Apple’s App Store practices. The CMA has launched in response an investigation into Apple.
- IAB France, MMA France, SRI and UDECAM in filing a complaint with the French Autorité de la concurrence over Apple’s introduction of the App Tracking Transparency framework.
- Booking.com over regulatory initiatives affecting digital markets in the EU and the UK.
LL.M. (Hons), University of Cambridge, Christ’s College (Hellenic Petroleum scholarship, de Hart prize in Law, honorary graduate scholarship) (2018)
LL.B. (Hons), National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (State Scholarship Foundation scholarship) (2016)
- Athens (2019)
- Brussels (2020)
Greek, English, German
Publications and speaking engagements
- Damien Geradin, Dimitrios Katsifis & Theano Karanikioti (2021) Google as a de facto privacy regulator: analysing the Privacy Sandbox from an antitrust perspective, European Competition Journal, DOI: 10.1080/17441056.2021.1930450.
- Damien Geradin, Dimitrios Katsifis, THE ANTITRUST CASE AGAINST THE APPLE APP STORE, Journal of Competition Law & Economics, 2021;, nhab003, https://doi.org/10.1093/joclec/nhab003.
- Damien Geradin and Dimitrios Katsifis, End-product- vs Component-level Licensing of Standard Essential Patents in the Internet of Things Context (May 18, 2021). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3848532.
- Damien Geradin and Dimitrios Katsifis, The Use and Abuse of Anti-suit Injunctions in SEP Litigation: Is There a Way Forward? (March 19, 2021). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3807899.
- Damien Geradin, Theano Karanikioti & Dimitrios Katsifis (2021) GDPR Myopia: how a well-intended regulation ended up favouring large online platforms – the case of ad tech, European Competition Journal, 17:1, 47-92, DOI: 10.1080/17441056.2020.1848059.
- Damien Geradin & Dimitrios Katsifis (2020) “Trust me, I’m fair”: analysing Google’s latest practices in ad tech from the perspective of EU competition law, European Competition Journal, DOI: 10.1080/17441056.2019.1706413.
- Damien Geradin, Dimitrios Katsifis, Google’s (forgotten) monopoly – Ad technology services on the open web, September 2019, Concurrences Review N° 3-2019, Art. N° 90967.
- Damien Geradin & Dimitrios Katsifis (2019) An EU competition law analysis of online display advertising in the programmatic age, European Competition Journal, 15:1, 55-96, DOI: 10.1080/17441056.2019.1574440.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +32 489 73 26 57
Let's get in touch
If you’re ready to do great things, pop your details into the contact form, and we’ll be back in touch to find out more.Contact Us