Folakunmi Pinheiro is a part-time Research Associate at Geradin Partners. Alongside working at Geradin partners, he is a PhD student at the University of Cambridge, where his research focuses on the relationship between competition law and economic development. He is also a consultant to Nigeria’s Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission, and a Senior Editor at the Cambridge Law Review.
Previously, he has worked as a trainee lawyer in Nigeria and as a research assistant to Despoina Mantzari, at University College, London.
- Nigeria’s Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission, with investigating a company in the digital economy (ongoing)
- Nigeria’s Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission, with reviewing mergers, drafting regulations, drafting memoranda of understanding with other African competition authorities, and with investigations into the tobacco sector and the oil & gas sector (previous)
- Association of companies in the Nigerian capital markets, with intervening against a potentially anti-competitive merger
- Nigerian power company, with analysing the competition law implications of a proposed joint venture
- Poultry breeding company, on the competition law implications of a proposed distribution and supply arrangement with a competitor
- PhD in Competition Law, University of Cambridge (2024)
- LL.M. in Law and Economics (Hons), University College, London (2019)
- LL.B. in Law (Hons), University of Hull (2017)
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Folakunmi Pinheiro, ‘Competition Law and the Digital Economy’ in Olaniwun Ajayi LP (eds), Competition Law in Nigeria, pp. 275-300 (Forthcoming).
- Folakunmi Pinheiro, ‘Revisiting the “Code”: Building Privacy Competition into the Architecture of the Internet’  42(8) ECLR 453 (Westlaw, 07/2021).
- ‘Damola Adediji & Folakunmi Pinheiro ‘Wake Up, NIPOST! It’s Antitrust O’Clock!’ (Competition Policy International, 09/2020).
- Jonathan Aluju, Tade Gbajumo, and Folakunmi Pinheiro, ‘COVID-19: Implications for Mergers between Competitors’ (Olaniwun Ajayi LP, 03/2020).
- Jonathan Aluju, Tade Gbajumo, and Folakunmi Pinheiro, ‘COVID-19: Competition and Consumer Protection’ (Olaniwun Ajayi LP, 03/2020).
Let's get in touch
If you’re ready to do great things, pop your details into the contact form, and we’ll be back in touch to find out more.Contact Us