Theano practices in the area of EU competition law, with a focus on issues arising in the telecommunications, media and high-tech industries. She also advises clients on regulatory initiatives affecting digital markets. Before joining Geradin Partners, Theano worked in Greece as a GDPR Consultant, and in Cyprus as a trainee lawyer at the EU Law Department of the Law Office of the Republic of Cyprus.
- O2 in relation to the EC’s investigation over network sharing agreements in the Czech Republic.
- European Publishers Council over a variety of competition law and regulatory matters.
- News Corp on various competition law and regulatory matters.
- Coalition for App Fairness (CAF) as outside antitrust counsel.
- Several app developers in filing a complaint with the UK Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) over Apple’s App Store practices. The CMA has launched in response an investigation into Apple.
- IAB France, MMA France, SRI and UDECAM in filing a complaint with the French Autorité de la concurrence over Apple’s introduction of the App Tracking Transparency framework.
- Booking.com over regulatory initiatives affecting digital markets in the EU and the UK.
- A large media group in filing a complaint with the European Commission against the state aid granted to a public service broadcaster.
- LL.M. (Hons), University of Cambridge, Wolfson College (Jennings Prize in Law) (2018)
- LL.B. (Hons), Maastricht University (2016)
- Limassol (2017)
- Brussels (2019)
- Damien Geradin, Dimitrios Katsifis & Theano Karanikioti, “Google as a de facto privacy regulator: analysing the Privacy Sandbox from an antitrust perspective” (2021), European Competition Journal, DOI: 10.1080/17441056.2021.1930450
- Damien Geradin, Theano Karanikioti & Dimitrios Katsifis, “GDPR Myopia: how a well-intended regulation ended up favouring large online platforms – the case of ad tech” (2020), European Competition Journal, DOI: 10.1080/17441056.2020.1848059
- Damien Geradin & Theano Karanikioti, “Network sharing and EU competition law in the 5G era: A case of policy mismatch” (2020), available on SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3628250
Greek, English, French
Let's get in touch
If you’re ready to do great things, pop your details into the contact form, and we’ll be back in touch to find out more.Contact Us