Our firm was founded by Damien Geradin, one of the leading European competition lawyers, with the objective of providing top notch, independent competition law advice to the best businesses. We started in Brussels and then opened the London office in 2021.
We focus on:
- Competition law, which includes investigations, merger control, and advisory work,
- Competition law litigation, which includes private damages actions and appeals against competition authority decisions, and
- Digital regulation, which includes their development and implementation, and the resulting investigations.
We offer a unique service for businesses who value deep knowledge and strategic thinking. Our lawyers are at the cutting edge of competition law, having acted on many of the leading European and UK cases and held senior positions within competition agencies and in-house within businesses and trade associations.
How we work
- We give you specialist advice because we are exclusively focused on competition law, litigation, and the regulation of digital platforms.
- We have decades of experience representing clients before the European Commission and the UK’s Competition and Markets Authority, as well as the Belgian, French, Dutch and German competition authorities.
- We have strong sectoral expertise in the tech, telecoms, and media sectors, as well as in energy, pharmaceuticals, financial services and other regulated industries.
- We also have significant expertise in the interface between competition law and other areas such as privacy and intellectual property rights.
- We work in small, focused teams and avoid overstaffing.
- We give you the senior attention needed: most of the work is performed by the partners or senior staff.
- We operate in whichever way suits you best: we are happy to lead cases and also to collaborate with large international law firms, as well as top notch national firms that do not have a Brussels or London office.
- We are open to hourly billing arrangements, monthly retainers, flat fees and other alternative modes of billing.
- Due to our small size, we face few conflict of interest issues and we do not find ourselves undermining our clients’ positions by making conflicting arguments to a competition authority in different cases.
- We have none of the baggage that arises from running the many practice areas, offices, and stakeholders of a large international firm, so we can move fast and consider issues afresh.
We have the highest possible standards and work in a friendly, collaborative and inclusive atmosphere. We are responsive to your needs at all times and innovative in our thinking. We offer pragmatic solutions for all competition issues.
We know that many of the most complex competition issues are cross-border and multi-faceted, and we can see the bigger picture. However, even our most senior lawyers are closely involved in the details of a case, including in document production exercises and evidence review, because that is the way to provide the best advice.
We have unbeatable experience in the leading cases and regulatory initiatives of the last few years, acting for both complainants/claimants and defendants.
For example, we have acted on:
- A multi-billion pounds class action on behalf of online publishers against Google for its anticompetitive conduct in ad tech.
- The Competition and Markets Authority’s seminal market studies into online platforms and digital advertising and mobile ecosystems.
- Slovak Telekom’s appeal to the European Court of Justice against the European Commission’s abuse of dominance decision.
- Veolia’s €14 billion merger with Suez.
We are asked to give expert evidence to parliamentary select committees on digital regulation, and regularly appear on television, radio and the media on these issues.
We combine experience gained in top international law firms with that gained in leading competition authorities and in-house at companies and trade associations.