Competition law — 12/05/2020
Geradin Partners sets up Platform Law Practice
Brussels, 12 May 2020
Digital platforms like search engines, social networks, online marketplaces or app stores have dramatically changed our lives and brought considerable benefits. Their role is likely to grow in importance as we move deeper in the digital era. At the same time, there are growing concerns that digital markets are dominated by a handful of platforms. There is currently a lively debate in the EU and abroad as to how to tackle the challenges raised by digital platforms and ensure the best outcomes for consumers and society.
To address these challenges, Geradin Partners, a leading boutique law firm based in Brussels, has set up a unique Platform Law Practice dedicated to providing clients top-notch independent advice on the legal and public policy issues raised by digital platforms with a focus on competition law, ex ante regulation and privacy. What distinguishes Geradin Partners from the offering of other law firms includes:
- We are the first law firm with a dedicated Platform Law Practice drawing on our vast experience advising platforms, as well as businesses relying on platforms;
- We are highly specialized, drawing not only on our practical experience, but also on the considerable research we have done in the area;
- We work together on a task-force basis on all of our matters, in small teams bringing to bear the requisite mix of people and expertise. We welcome collaboration with other law firms to deliver the best advice to clients;
- Because we are small and focused, we are cost-efficient. We use the latest technologies, but operate in a streamlined manner. We do not see the need for palatial offices to impress clients;
- We act both for complainants and defendants, and we have significant expertise representing clients in competition investigations, as well as in litigation before EU and national courts;
- We are active on the policy front and regularly engage with regulators by responding to calls for evidence, submitting comments on legislative proposals; and
- We are extremely strict on conflicts as we do not think we can advise clients on several sides of the same issue. We act for a range of clients, large and small, but we do not advise any of the “GAFAs”.
Our team is composed of lawyers educated in the world’s top universities, most of whom trained in leading international law firms before joining our team.
Key Contact: Prof. Damien Geradin: dgeradin@localhost
News & PublicationsView all
Announcements — 08/11/2023
Geradin Partners opens Amsterdam office with leading competition law team
Ruben Elkerbout, Mattijs Baneke and a team of associates will open Geradin Partners’ Amsterdam office on 1 January 2024. Geradin Partners, a leading competition law firm with… Continue
Announcements — 07/09/2023
David Gallagher made Partner and Anthony Ojukwu hired as Counsel as Geradin Partners’ London growth continues
Geradin Partners has strengthened its London antitrust litigation team by promoting David Gallagher to Partner and by hiring Anthony Ojukwu, who joins as Counsel. David… Continue
CMA News, GP in the News — 24/08/2023
Geradin Partners appears on CNBC’s flagship business show
London-based partner, Tom Smith, appeared on CNBC’s Squawk Box on 23 August 2023 to discuss the CMA’s investigation into the restructured Microsoft/Activision merger after the… Continue